Thursday, June 5, 2008

EduPunk??????

This title/concept/definition seems to be getting a lot of air time at the moment and for the life of me I am still struggling to understand why it even needs to exist.

Recognition that open source and the ability of individuals to influence and change via the Internet, is the reason why LMS vendors and other software vendors are looking to integrate web2.0 technologies on their platform. These large scale vendors have something that individuals do not normally have. A collective understanding of the ecology's that exist within organisations. Be it a knowledge ecology, a learning ecology, systems or processes, it is the understanding of the beast which becomes important and this is why it is important that they have a place in the scheme of things.

Having said this, my personal ethos is "power to the blogger" and ensuring that expression of ideas and learning is as open as possible. It is just that I struggle with these "mantra" like ideologies that really hold little or no substance if they truly understand what organisations and ecology's are trying to achieve.

BTW

I attended a social justice evening at my Daughters college last night and found myself in a state of complete "mindfulness" listening to people of different religious, cultural and political viewpoints. I had an extremely high perception of "being in the moment" and thoroughly enjoyed all the evening had to offer.

I am present....... and ruminating as always.

No comments: