Thursday, July 3, 2008

Social Media - Cathartic media?

Tom Haskins again provokes me to consider my participation in the greater global learning community. This is a fantastic exposition of facets of participation in social media. As always there is excellent reference to context. And I must say I agree with everything Tom has to say.

My only addition to this is the consideration of the philisophical arguement as to whether participation is needed or the mere fact that someone can post or publish, plays a part in them being able to journal and purge their thoughts in an immediate fashion with the knowledge that someone might be reading and listening. This "catharsis" plays an important part in one's self development and might be a first step that leads to partcipation in a wider social media context?

Worth investigating me thinks.......

1 comment:

Vincent Griffin said...

Thhanks for posting this