Monday, July 21, 2008

Building on PLEs - Corporate Application

So the question is asked, "if I have a PLE that satisfies most of my needs how does this, or rather how can this, be extended to my work?"


When the user defines what is important to them to complete their job, the organisation will design the tools and knowledge sources around this creating quicker execution to market. We are already seeing this in organisations such BT and BP where the interfaces have become collaborative and very much user driven.


The model for me that organisations need to be thinking about looks something like this:




I will speak more on this in the coming days but as you can see the model relies on the recognition that learning is mostly informal, individuals define and make sense of the information they filter and the organisation supplies the tools for the individual to make this all happen!

Nirvana or practical? Something to ruminate over........

No comments: